New Year, New Me


Omg, it feels absolutely exhilarating to sit down and write again. It’s been sometime since I’ve taken the time out to release my thoughts out into the universe. I’ve missed it terribly; I can use the excuse that life has been preventing me from writing but that wouldn’t be the truth.  I lost myself when it came to my writing anything. I’ve been happy, sad and disappointed by so much that it held me from my true self. Whelp, not anymore, I’m feeling like a brand-new woman! Life has been good, let me fix that “it’s been an amazing”. 2019 has been so good to me that I really have no complaints.
My career has really taken off. The last time I mentioned my job, I was a rural carrier (mail lady). Well now I am a supervisor and I manage the same employees, I once worked with. The transition wasn’t that hard. However, I did receive some negative energy from those who thought I shouldn’t have gotten the position. Hell, I even got back doored from the person who asked me if I was interested in the position. That hurt bad and I was feeling a little discouraged, but I had to pray about it. I asked God if the position was for me then let it be. I left it in his hands and never looked back on the decision I made. The bonus to trusting his purpose for my life was that I am now a promoted supervisor. I was an acting supervisor at first. Lesson I learned is continue trusting your instinct but most of all Gods will. If it’s God’s will no man, woman or circumstances can stop it.
Let’s continue to what’s been going on. Like I mentioned before, I had been going through so m; fry phases in my life. My daughter is in college. Lord, even when I write it, it tugs at my heart. My baby girl is growing into a beautiful, smart and educated young black woman. My promotion is another thing and I already mentioned that. I’ve lost some good friends who I thought would forever be in my life. I was hurt by this and found myself feeling bad for myself. Always thinking that I didn’t have anyone to talk to, hangout with or even have a shoulder to cry on. That all quickly changed once I realized that not everyone; friends, family, co-workers etc. are supposed to be apart of my journey. I’ll miss them dearly but I’m grateful to know that they made room for me to grow with other people. People that will love me for me and be there like I am for them. It sounds harsh but it’s the truth. You cant hold on to dead weight and expect to move fast, hell move from the place you are period! Don’t be afraid to let them go. People will see the potential you have and try to drain all that energy from you. Don’t let them!! You deserve much more than being someone’s “good luck charm”

                                                                                                     To be cont.
You know I can write forever but I wont in this post. I’ll have to break the one up in two post. Again, it’s been forever since I written anything, but I pray that you have not forgotten about me. 😉 Until next time


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entering into my world pt.1

Afraid of change

True Colors